So every year we take the boys so they can sit on Santa's lap and tell him what they want for Christmas. This year things have been different because of Austin. As I was standing in line with the three of them Jaron starts to tell me how Austin keeps telling him and Landon that he doesn't believe in Santa. I tell Jaron that it is sad that Austin doesn't believe in Santa and how we all need someone to believe in us. Jaron responds quickly how he believes in Santa and how he loves him. After my discussion with Jaron I turn to Austin and ask him why he doesn't believe in Santa. He tells me because magic is not real. I try hard to convince him how there is magic everywhere and that magic is true but I see that the conversation has come to an end because Austin has a look on his face that their is no way I am going to convince him, but before I end the conversation I tell him not to try to talk people out of believing in magic and that everyone has the right to believe what they want to believe. He just gives me this look "Ya right Mom WHATEVER." It is finally our turn to visit with the big guy Jaron and Landon run up and jump on his lap. Austin has look on his face where am I suppose to sit? He finally squeezes next to Landon and tries to tell Santa that he wants a dirt bike and a new cell phone only to be interrupted from his brothers excitement of wanting to tell Santa what they want. Jaron tells him he wants a new ds since he put his old one in the sink to clean it and it no longer works or that he would settle for an ipod. Landon tells Santa that he wants a PS3 remote controller so that him, Jaron and Austin can all play on the PlayStation together. After telling Santa what they want for Christmas I have them look and smile at me so that I can get a picture. We are walking away when Santa calls us over one more time to tell the three of them that they need to stop fighting with each other. The looks on their faces was pure shock they could not believe that Santa knew that the three of them had been fighting with each other alot lately. I tell them that Santa always knows what they are doing and that is why I keep telling them they need to be good. Austin is so shocked and thinks for a minute maybe he does believe in Santa and then shakes that idea out of heads and has a look on his face saying NAH. Jaron asks me so we only have to be good one time a month and that is enough to be on the good list? I tell him no you need to try to be good everyday. Landon response is WOW he does know what we are doing all the time. I enjoyed this moment with the three of them very much and will always remember this Santa memory.
2 days ago




Loved the story and all the updates lately! Cute pic of the boys with Santa, hopefully they will be good all year!
ReplyDeleteHaHa what an awesome Santa! Thanks for sharing the story. Love and miss you sooooooo much!
ReplyDelete